Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend has been action-packed, and it's only Sunday morning!

We started out yesterday, bright and early in the cold, cold air with our friends Ben Flaccus and Casey Moore. They are both incredibly talented photographers and were generous enough to take some engagement photos of us. Here's one from our session:



Even though we were all freezing, it was a lot of fun. We're looking forward to another session with Ben and Casey--thank you both so much!!

Last night our friends Ashley and Dan came over for dinner. We always love spending time with them and last night was no exception. We thought we'd try another recipe out of Everyday Italian--this is our fourth recipe out of the book, so we're well on our way to cooking through her book! We made the roasted pork loin with fig sauce:

The pork came out perfectly, but the sauce, while tasty, was not thick enough. After following the recipe, I added fig spread to it to thicken it up and it still wasn't quite what we wanted it to be. For the first time, we are a little disappointed in Giada. But I'm sure she'll redeem herself this week.







I'd like you to meet my new best friend, my walking boot. I started wearing it yesteday afternoon and will be wearing it for the next six weeks. I'm trying to stay positive and know that this is what will heal my foot, but at the same time, it is really frustrating! It makes standing in the kitchen and cooking difficult. My wonderful fiance brought one of our breakfast bar stools into the kitchen so I could cook without standing on my feet--he is too good to me :-)


And finally, we have set a date for our wedding! The countdown is on!
Lisa :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment