Saturday, December 6, 2008

Let the Season Begin!

This morning I went to the official Kickoff of the Team In Training spring season! It was great to see old friends from past TNT events and meet new members that are joining us for this season. The highlight of the day was when one of the Honored Teammates, Peggy Goode, gave her speech. We found out that after battling leukemia for several years, Peggy is now in remission--this is amazing and absolutely thrilling news!! It reminds me of why I am going to be getting up at 5:30 am on Saturday mornings to train for a triathlon.

Which brings me to the training...wow is there a lot of it! While my parents were in town for Thanksgiving they gave me an early Christmas present--a bike rack for my car! So now I have a bike and a bike rack.... I just need to get the bike tuned up and get new biking shoes and I'll be all set :-) Good thing the biking doesn't start right away, I'm a little nervous about this new style of riding--it's going to take me awhile to get used to it.

Thanks so much to everyone who has donated so far! To date I have raised $910!!! Only $4,190 to go! During this holiday season, please consider a donation to the Team In Training program: http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/txtri09/llambrenos.

My first swim training is on Tuesday night--wish me luck! It's been awhile since I've done laps, but I'm really excited to get back in the water!

I hope you're all enjoying the holiday season--thanks for checking on my progress!! Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment