Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oh, baby...

blanket. Baby blanket. Don't get carried away, we have to get married first!! ;-) It took me just over a month to finish my first baby blanket. I went with a fairly straightforward pattern--the Big Bad Baby Blanket from Stitch n' Bitch. Turns out, however, that I was purling backwards! No matter because I did it consistently throughout the entire blanket so you can't tell that it wasn't intended.

Here's the blanket blocking on the bathroom floor (I needed a place I could close the door and keep Dixie away).

And below is Sarah, the recipient of the baby blanket at her baby shower! I spent the majority of my time working on this blanket while on the metro. It's remarkable how much knitting I can get done while commuting!

I've started working on the next baby blanket, which I will reveal when it's finished and delivered to the recipient. I'm also working on several other projects that I won't be able to reveal for quite some time. Fortunately, I also have a list of new recipes to try and Jeromy and I have a very long list of home improvement projects to share. Our style is DIY so I should have some pretty good stories and before and after pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment