Thursday, December 10, 2009

my new obsession...


My Sitoo (my mom's mother) taught me how to knit in high school. My poor sister even wore the horrible scarf I knitted for her once or twice. I made one more scarf after that and then put down my knitting needles. Recently, I decided to pick them back up. I think it was the new yarn stores with shelves upon shelves of beautifully colored threads calling my name. So I signed up for a knitting class. It was like riding a bike and I'm happy to say that the results seem to be A LOT better than the first time I tried. Once again, Kristin, I am so sorry I made you wear that scarf. The next one will be a lot better, I promise!


I have three projects going right now. The purple one is a ribbed scarf that is a Christmas gift. The yarn was in a nice, neat ball but something happened and all of a sudden it became an angry mess. The yarn and I are working through our difference and I'm confident that in the end we'll have a great scarf to show for our efforts :-)


The second one, which is almost finished, is for my Godchild, Isabella. I thought the color combination was perfect for her and I just love the tassles at the end.

And last but not least, is a scarf I'm working on for me :-)



These scarves are the result of the beginner class, stay tuned for more difficult projects as I take more classes!

Lisa :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment