Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving has become my favorite holiday. I love preparing lots of food and getting my family and friends around a table to enjoy a meal together. This year Jeromy and I put together a rather ambitious menu. To start, we had hummus and veggie dip with crudite and hot stuffed peppers (more to come on the stuffed peppers). My friend Leah also joins us for Thanksgiving rather than traveling home to Duxbury. She has always been a fabulous addition not only for her company but because her contribution to the meal is an amazing antipasto. This year, she was so great as to bring us a separate smaller antipasto that Jeromy and I are about to dig into!

For the meal we prepared: mushroom soup, sweet potatoe biscuits, roasted acorn squash, sauted spinach, brussel sprouts with bacon, stuffing (the only from the box item on the table), mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy and 2 turkeys (one on the grill and one in the oven). It was quite the feast. Unfortunately, I was so busy getting the food on the table that I didn't have a chance to take pictures of it all! I know, what kind of food blogger am I if I can't even show you what I did?? In the absence of food photos, I give you a video of Jeromy and my dad cutting down our Christmas tree:


We are officially entering one of my favorite times of the year--a time to eat, drink and be merry with the people that I love. I promise to be better about my picture taking and will post some Christmas recipes in the next few weeks. Until then, Happy Holidays!!

Lisa :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment