Tuesday, July 28, 2009

ANOTHER triathlon??

Yup, I did it again! The New Jersey State Triathlon for the second year in a row. I remember last year saying, "next year I'll train for this." I didn't. But, I did set a personal record and I think that's kind of a big deal. Despite the fact that I ate a hamburger for dinner the night before, I still managed to do each leg a little faster, including the transition. Usually transition is where I get hung up and kind of take my time and hang out, but not this time. This time I was fast as fast can be (which is still not entirely that fast :-) The most interesting part of the day was after the race was over, Jeromy took pity on me, Kara and Laura and put our names in for the free massages. While Kara and Laura enjoyed what seemed to be very relaxing rub downs, I was subjected to the S&M masseuse who stood on my shoulders and then kept swinging my legs around in ways that were neither comfortable nor decent. At least Jeromy, J.P. and Mr. Decker had a good laugh! I was hoping Oden would see my distress and come running to my rescue, but let's face it, as much as he's a lover that dog is not a fighter. He's just so darn cute. Pictures to follow.

Up next: a week in Yellowstone National Park with wolves and grizzlies and bison, oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment